Thursday, September 9, 1999

Treasure Chest

Under my bed lies a little box that I won at a white elephant party at New Year's two years ago. When I got it, I couldn't figure out what to do with it. Then one day I was going through my Goodie Box & Scrapbooks and I found some stuff. I found: my tiny Pokey the Puppy book that I got from a Hardee's, some little toys from McDonald's, my girl scout pin, and a ticket from Disney World. I decided to put these in my new treasure box. Soon I added other things, feathers from the birds at the EAF (at the zoo where I work), a label from my favorite pasta that had a scratch and win game on the inside, an old bunny address book. All of these things which are meaningless to most people are treasures to me. They remind me of times past and present, times of hard work and sorrow, and even some of the happiest in my life. And even now I still add to the man wonders inside (many not mentioned). On of the latest is a lock of hair from my horse Chula that I had at my Senior High Horse Camp last summer. I love the things in there, and love to open my box and sift through my memories. Even the outside is decorated with special stickers, from events like my best friend's birthday, Drama club elections and many others. I hope it stays intact, and maybe someday I can show it to my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment